Foamed polystyrene thermal insulation sheets
Foamed polystyrene is a lightweight and rigid organic material made of polystyrene beads. It is mainly used as a thermal insulation and packaging material. Foamed polystyrene material is abbreviated as EPS (Expanded PolyStyrene).
Foamed polystyrene products used in the construction industry serve as an efficient thermal insulation material with multiple uses. To ensure qualitaty and efficient insulation of foundations, walls, floors or roofs, EPS materials are the best choice for any type of buildings, be it a residential house, an industrial, a public or an educational institution building.
Foamed polystyrene is a porous material with closed pores and flame retardant additives (substances that suppress combustion).
TENAPORS EPS Main advantages
TENAPORS EPS Main advantages
- The physical and mechanical properties of the foamed polystyrene material largely depend on its volume mass. With the higher volume mass, values of the strength parameters also increase, such as compressive, flexural and shear strength, which also determines the usage of the material
- The good insulating properties of the foamed polystyrene material arise from the high content of air pores. The foamed polystyrene material is made of approximately 98% air and 2% polystyrene. The efficiency of thermal insulation materials is characterized by thermal conductivity coefficient "lambda" λ (W/mK), which is one of the lowest in foamed polystyrene materials and ensures the lowest level of heat loss.
- Polystyrene - the formative element of the foamed polystyrene is not a hygroscopic material, and even in direct contact with water it absorbs only a tiny amount of water! Since pore walls are waterproof, the water can merely run through the material or penetrate inside only through the channels between the pores
- They may be continuously used as a thermal insulation material at ambient temperatures of up to + 80°C.
- Foamed polystyrene does not rot, does not serve as a medium for bacteria and is eco-friendly. It is resistant to weak acidic, alkaline and saline solutions but non-resistant to aromatic and halogen containing solvents, esters, ketones, oils or lubricants
TENAPORS EPS Usage
The sheets are used as a thermal insulation material in construction of:
- Other enclosing structures
The thickness and type of sheets shall be determined during the design process in compliance with the construction design regulations stipulated in the construction standards and other regulatory documents.
The use of foamed polystyrene sheets with a half-lap joint helps to considerably reduce heat loss through the joints of thermal insulation.
It is advisable to choose ETAG 004 certified plastering systems for external wall insulation.
TENAPORS EPS Declarations
TENAPORS EPS 60 - Dobele
TENAPORS EPS 70 - Dobele
TENAPORS EPS 80 - Dobele
TENAPORS EPS 100 - Dobele
TENAPORS EPS 150 - Dobele
TENAPORS EPS 200 - Dobele
TENAPORS EPS 50 - Valmiermuiža
TENAPORS EPS 60 - Valmiermuiža
TENAPORS EPS 70 - Valmiermuiža
TENAPORS EPS 80 - Valmiermuiža
TENAPORS EPS 100 - Valmiermuiža
TENAPORS EPS 120 - Valmiermuiža
TENAPORS EPS 150 - Valmiermuiža
TENAPORS EPS 200 - Valmiermuiža
TENAPORS EPS Methodical instructions
Products must be stored, with the product placed on a smooth flat surface of the supporting surface, in dry conditions, at temperatures not exceeding 70 ° C.
Long-term product storage on uneven surfaces or in a vertical position may cause deformation.
The products should not be stacked on top of anything, as well as packaged products should not be stacked one on the other.
There shall be no contact with solvents.
Keep away from children!